Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Snow Days!

It's 11:11 (make a wish) on a weekday Wednesday and I am NOT at school. Actually, I'm in sweats, drinking my coffee; cup numbmer 3. This could only mean one thing...Snow Day. LOVE THEM. Although it's more of a "Rain Day" than a "Snow Day" I'll take it. In Thunder Bay terms this would qualify as a regular March day, requiring you to just add a little more window washer fluid, put on your regular boots, (the ones that won't get ruined by slush, salt, etc) and be on your way. Although it's not the perfect, dump 5 ft of snow, kinds of snow days, I am loooving being a teacher.

Favorite things about Snow Days:

1. Sleeping In- Nothing is better than going to bed and being woken up by the school hotline...Love the secretaries voice at 6 am!

2. Coffee- It's not often that I get to sit and just have my coffee, in a regular mug. It's usually in a travel mug, being forgotten all over my classroom. I often play "Find The Teacher's Coffee Mug"....I should add that to class jobs!

3. Chilling with Lola- When she's entertained she is so much more fun, and a lot less destructive.

4. Shovelling- Although I have a snowblower, there is nothing better than a good shovel when it's cold outside...just feels good.

5. Playing in the snow

6. Soup (or chilli) - must haves on a snowy day

7. The excuse to not leave your house and watch movies all day!

1 comment:

  1. Did you get another snow day? Jealous! ps. love love love the new blog header. nice!

    ReplyDelete